Anselm House is a four star boutique bed and breakfast accommodation. We have excellent facilities and services available to ensure your stay is enjoyable and hassle-free.
Anselm House B and B Facilities
Anselm House provides comfortable, relaxed and friendly accommodation located on the banks of the Avon River in Christchurch. You enjoy a home away from home in a beautiful setting, where you can rest undisturbed in the privacy of our house and garden, or explore Christchurch with ease.
Enjoy Christchurch's warm, summer evenings on the terrace beside the river. This is the ideal place to relax and unwind with a glass of New Zealand wine after a day of sight-seeing.
Our lounge room attracts the best sun of the day through the bay window. The room is decorated with art and craft furniture and you can enjoy the use of a widescreen TV, DVDs of iconic New Zealand movies and snuggle up in front of an open gas fire.
We provide a choice of Continental or full, cooked breakfasts, served each morning in our dining or family rooms. An evening meal is available by arrangement.
Guest services available at Anselm House include:
- free wireless Internet/Wi-Fi available
- free personal airport transfer
- free personal TranzAlpine and TranzCoastal railway station transfer
- secure off street parking
- beautiful riverside garden
- free tea and coffee facilities, 24 hours a day
- guest fridge with free cold drinks
- TV and radio alarm clock in each room
- laundry service
- photocopying service
- appliance adapters to suit most appliances
- ironing facilities
Explore Christchurch easily from Anselm House:
- information available on local tours and transport
- five minutes walk to large shopping centre, banks, cafes and restaurants
- handy to Canterbury University and Christchurch Boys' High School
- close to historic Mona Vale, Riccarton House and Bush
- walk to City Centre through Hagley Park or the Christchurch Botanical Gardens
- catch a bus from right outside the front door
Anselm House is a non-smoking residence, though guests are welcome to smoke in the garden by the river. We advise that the property is not suitable for children because of the long river boundary.